Zen Pinball Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ninja Gaiden Tips

2 posters

Go down

Ninja Gaiden Tips Empty Ninja Gaiden Tips

Post by caper_26 Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:26 pm

Hey all. Here are some tips for the new table.

Terms:

Ramps: Think of this like ramp in real life: The ball actually gets lifted off the table and goes along some kind of track.

Orbit: The ball stays on the main playing field and orbits around, usually from one side of the table to the other. Left orbit means shooting the ball from right flipper to the left side of the table, and entering the orbit, which will return the ball on the right side of the table.

Ninja Targets: There are 6 of these drop targets. 3 at each side of the table near the top. If you knock down 5 of them, you will get "Stage Clear" and both sink holes will open up and the "Stage Clear" blue light will flash in front. There are 4 stages, and then afterward you get things like "Red/Yellow/Blue Essence".

Ramps and Orbit locations:
The Jump ramp is the first ramp on farthest left of table. If timed properly, you can jump the ball at the top of this ramp using X or flipper buttons.
Above that is the Left Orbit.
Next is Left Ramp.

Starting at the far right of table is the Shadowless Footsteps Orbit (or LOOP).
Above this is the Right Ramp
Next is the Right Orbit

Shadowless Footsteps
(also called a "Loop", or a mini-orbit): You must hit this orbit with enough power to loop the ball around the orbit and make it all the way to the left inlane with one shot. The ball will sink in a hole in the inlane, and eject down the ramp which goes below the flippers and back up on the right side of the table.

Jump Ramp "Hit": Go up Jump ramp and jump the ball 2 times by hitting flipper buttons. Notice on the LED screen it will say "2 More hits" to activate story mode. If you hit a ramp, this count will reset.

Talisman Pieces: The center Hole near the bumpers. Hit the hole to collect pieces.

TALISMAN OF REBIRTH: Collect 5 pieces of the Talisman to get Ball Save activated. (Shooting the ball straight up is a death trap on this table so I don't advise trying this. You will lose your ball before actually getting ball Save in most cases). Another way to get this is shoot the left "Glowing Target". The center bumper sinks, and a sink-hole is there. One of the random items located inside is the Ball Saver (Talisman of rebirth).

Unlocking a Weapon: Hit the left or right ramp (out of combo). The center "Talisman" hole starts flashing for 8 seconds (evident by "Shop will be opened for 8 seconds" on the Display). Shoot the ball quickly to unlock a weapon.

Hitting Genshin: Do the jump ramp and both jumps. Shoot ball with upper right flipper. If you do it right, the right Ninja will wind up his sword, and shoot a spirit or ghost across the table and take a swipe at Ginseng. Pts awarded are 1 Million.

***Other ways to get the ball on the upper right flipper are:
Upper right Sink Hole: The ball be ejected onto the upper right flipper
Genshin Platform: Start by hitting ball into upper left sink hole. When ball is ejected onto the platform, make a late timed shot to loop ball around to the upper right flipper.
*NOTE: If Obliteration light is on, you will not be able to shoot it at Genshin because the Ninja there will slice your ball in half!

Super Skill shot: Jump ball off platform after launch, then do the 2 ball jump. When ball is near upper right flipper, shoot it across and hit Genshin for 1.4 Million

Combo: You must start a combo with either the left or right ramp. Left ramp is NOT the "Jump" ramp. After you hit either of these ramps, all blue lights will flash for a short time. Hit ANY ramp afterward to make a combo (while lights are still flashing). 3 successive ramps/orbits = double combo. Another makes a Triple combo.

2 or 3 ball Multiball: Do a Triple Combo plus one more ramp/orbit to give you the ULTIMATE TECHNIQUE and start 2 ball multi-ball. Make a quick one after that starts for 3 ball multiball. The bonus starts out at 500K. Once 2 ball has started, ramp shots will increase your bonus by 1 million. Bonus is collected by shooting the sink holes at the top right or left of the table behind the drop targets. A bonus can be collected once with 3 balls activated, but it keeps your ball. Another bonus can be collected while 2 ball is still going, again, once sink hole is hit, the ball is kept. You can grow your bonus, but don't get greedy. When the ball is drained, bonuses are not collected. Once you are down to one ball, you lose your bonus.

Kick backs
:

These are activated by the following sequence. First, hit the center bumper target which activates the blue ninja star lights. These will flash for a short time. Quickly hit right orbit to activate left kickback. Left orbit to activate right kickback.

Obliteration:

Hit right or left ramps to start spelling S-L-A-S-H. Ramps in combo sequence don't count. Each ramp gives you a letter. Once it is spelled, the right light near top right flipper activates which says OBLITERATION. There are 2 ways to get the ball up there. First way is by hitting Jump ramp and jumping the ball 2 times. Second is by hitting drop targets by right upper sink hole and sinking the ball there. The ball will come down the little lane by the upper flipper and stop. It will then jump up and the Ninja will cut it in 2 and it will say "Ball 1 DECEASED!"

3 Ball Multiball
: Do 3 successful OBLITERATIONS. This also gives you a trophy!! The bonus starts off significantly higher than the COMBO way of starting multiball. Defeat Genshin to collect. If you miss, you still get HALF of the bonus. The bonus is grown by 1 million by hitting ramps.

Test of Valor
:

Hit the target between right ramp and right orbit 2 times in a row (while light is still on after 1st hit). A small challenge will await. Some of the ones I encountered are:
Hit glowing target: This is a target below Jump ramp on left side of table. Shoot ball with right flipper just above the slingshot to hit it.
Make the Shadowless Footsteps: Explained above.
Do a Double Combo: Explained above (Make 3 ramp shots in succession)
Make a 5 Bumper combo: hit ball into bumper and get 5 hits in a row (This is almost a sure fire way to lose your ball down the center drain)
After you do any 4 Tests, the next one you have to defeat Genshin with only ONE hit. This gives you an Extra Ball.

EXTRA BALL: Be successful in 5 tests of valor. If you lose your ball, it does not lose track of your stats.

Story Mode: 2 ways to activate
1 - Make Shadowless Footsteps, then hit right ramp.
2 - Do 3 Jump Ramp "Hits" in a row. If you hit a ramp at any point, the counter resets back to 3 so ONLY do the JUMP RAMP!! After 3 Jump Ramp hit, shoot the Right Ramp.
If done properly, a Blue light will have activated on the right ramp that says "Chapters". Success will lead you to a mission which is more difficult than the test of Valor.

Chapter 1 of Story Mode: AYANE: Evade the Shurikens - There are 2 timers. One for attack, and one for the 'mission'. Notice on the LED screen the little "dash" symbols '-----'. This is your "life" remaining. Getting hit 5 times causes mission failure. The goal is to have life remaining after mission time runs out. To do this, hit the blue-lit ramp before the attack timer gets to zero. **TIP** For the easy ramps (Jump ramp and Right ramp), I like to wait until the attack timer is on 3s before shooting in order to 'eat up' mission time. Keep hitting the correct ramp to reset to attack timer, and stay alive. Once the mission time runs out, you are successful and get 4 MILLION pts.

Chapter 2 - MAMIJI: Attack the spider Ninjas!: Hit the upper right and left drop targets - You have to knock down 20 of these targets. Each hit resets the attack timer. After some time, the attack timer is reduced and you have less time to make a successful shot. Hit all 20 targets before being attacked 5 times for 6 MILLION pts.

Chapter 3 - RACHAEL - Attack Opponents. Hit both the Jump ramp and Left ramp 5 times each to knock energy blocks (the -----'s) off your opponents. Avoid the upper left sink hole. Once they are defeated, I noticed another bonus challenge (I think) to hit the drop targets (Demon Hunter). 8 Million for defeating both opponents. Unknown score for hitting the Demons afterward. Use the criss cross technique to keep both balls alive. Video to follow.

Chapter IV: RYU vs. Genshin: This one is hard. You must defeat Genshin by shooting the ball into the upper right sink hole, and then shooting the ball with upper right flipper to hit him. You have to hit him 3 times before he attacks you 4 times I believe. You can stall the timer by hitting ramps. The timing is a lot different from hitting the ball into the Jump ramp , and jumping it, and then trying to shoot it at Genshin. The Jump Ramp is disabled in the same manner as when you hit a ramp first: The ball is simply returned to the left flipper and you cannot jump the ball.
***NEW*** Hit the ball into Sink Hole under Genshin, when it ejects on the platform above, make a late shot so the ball goes under the sink hole up there, and orbits around to the right flipper. It is easier than hitting the upper right sink hole. Then make the shot over to Genshin. You get 5 MILLION for the first shot, and 10 MILLION for the second shot, and 100 Million for the last shot. Finally got the trophy last night for this, putting me at 100% for the game again.

Manifest: Hit either right or left orbit (without starting a combo first) and the table shakes and makes a thunder noise. The LED screen says "5 more to manifest". Keep hitting the orbits for a total of 6 times. Once manifest is complete, a RED light flashes on the platform where Genshin is (top left of table) near his left foot.

4 Ball Multiball: After manifest is complete, hit upper left drop targets and sink ball in the hole. It will be ejected above the little upper left flipper on the platform. You need to shoot the ball straight across into a hole (Kind of like the skill shot on El Dorado). Afterward, you will be rewarded with 4 balls. Hit as many bumpers and slingshots before draining 3 of the balls. Once you have one ball remaining, you will be rewarded with a bonus pertaining to the amount of bumpers/slingshots hit, in millions.

Update: I got 196 Million with 4 ball multi in a minute, but it was during an Online Match with robzzz1 and cbs22, so it doesn't count!!

caper_26

Back to top Go down

Ninja Gaiden Tips Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden Tips

Post by MofoSLO Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:00 am

Great tips man.

Thank you very much.

I noticed that my ball turned GOLD 2 times during my gameplay...
What does this means?
What must i do in this case?

MofoSLO

Back to top Go down

Post by caper_26 Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:06 pm

MofoSLO wrote:
I noticed that my ball turned GOLD 2 times during my gameplay...
What does this means?
What must i do in this case?

Ahh yes. That would be something to figure out. I have had that happen too, but not sure exactly how it came about. I notice on the LED screen "2X" which may be a 2-times-point-multiplier when the ball is orange. Thanks for bringing it up as I totally forgot about it when I wrote this.

PS: Got the final Chapter IV trophy last night, and 100% trophy completion for all tables. Very Happy

caper_26

Back to top Go down

Post by MofoSLO Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:38 am

Hallo.

So what is your game strategy... how do you play?

MofoSLO

Back to top Go down

Post by caper_26 Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:40 am

The way to get the most points is 4 Ball multi. First I activate both kickbacks and then start the multi ball and try and get as much points as I can. On other tables I usually go after Extra Ball too but for this one, the tests of valor usually end up in losing the ball (for me anyway). One thing I may start doing is activating the Test of Valor, and if it is not either Double Combo or Glowing Light, let it time out while hitting some orbits. It seems those 2 tests are the safest ones.

A tip for hitting upper left sink hole: Hit 2 adjacent drop targets, and aim the ball in through there without hitting the 3rd. That way if you miss your shot on the upper field, you won't be faced with more drop targets.

For multi-player, depending on the score for the race, I may do 4-ball as well or do the 2-ball multi via "Ultimate Technique" combo method. You can grow the jackpot, or bonus, by hitting ramps by doing the crossover technique.

Crossover Technique: After Ultimate Technique has been reached by hitting ramp combos, get the ball in the hold position on the right flipper. The 2nd ball will auto launch and hit off the right flipper and land onto the left. Grab that ball in the hold position too. NOw you have both balls in the hold. (that sounded funny, Razz ). Anyway, don't bother shooting to get the 3rd ball multi going. Now, shoot either Jump ramp or right ramp. If you hit it, quickly shoot the opposite ball into the other ramp. When both balls come back down, grab them in the hold, then repeat. Each ramp will boost the bonus up by 1 Million. After a few ramps, use the ball on the right flipper from the hold, and make a shot up to the left sink hole to collect.

Thats really all everyone is doing in the top 6 or 7 on the multiplayer scoreboard. If you need anything else, don't be afraid to ask Very Happy

caper_26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down