Zen Pinball Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

caper_26's tips for SF2

2 posters

Go down

caper_26's tips for SF2 Empty caper_26's tips for SF2

Post by caper_26 Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:44 pm

This was a quick table to learn and get trophies.

To keep the ball in play, keep enabling the Ball Save by spelling Yoda.

Avoid (when possible): Right Orbit. You hit the right orbit, then the ball exits the left orbit, and a lot of times the ball will drain down the center, even if you have your flippers raised. Sometimes you can save it by keeping left flipper up.
caper_26's tip for avoiding center drain:
1. Nudge table just before ball exits left orbit. This causes the ball to slow down sometimes, preventing the drain.
2. Hold left flipper up, and as the ball is going toward the center drain, Nudge table right to hit the ball. This works most times!

Playing multiplayer online, the fastest way to win is choose a fight and win it. I won't give it totally away because the table is relatively new. If you've tried and want to know, create a new thread and ask. Make sure you include "SPOILER" in the title! Scroll down a bit for tips on figuring out how to start a fight.

The 2 easiest ways to get points, without having to figure anything out on the table, are
1 - Akuma fighter: Hit Akuma ramp repeatedly to spell AKUMA
2 - Hit left and right orbits to spell POLICE

Fighting: When you activate a fight, notice the yellow energy bars at the bottom of the table. There is one for you and your opponent. Note that for Akuma, you are only sparring, and will not drain his energy. To win a fight, the fastest way to do so that I have found was with energy balls. Once you are in a fight, use the left flipper to hit the Blanka (right) Ramp, (not the orbit) to charge your energy ball. You may need to use "Nudge Pass" as described in Advanced Pinball Skills to speed this up. Once you do that, a little door will open up on the left of the table, indicated by a purple arrow. Use the right flipper to shoot the ball in there and notice how much energy your opponent loses. You can also hit ramps and orbits to attack your opponent. AVOID targets. This will cause your opponent to hit you. Keep hitting him until his energy level is depleted. Energy Ball hits grant you 500K and beating Akuma will give you 1 million.

Police challenge: Once you spell POLICE, 2 "Targets" will pop up from the table. You need to arrest the girl indicated by the flashing light. Nudge pass the ball to the proper flipper or use ramps/orbits. Note: using orbit will cause the 2 targets to rotate. Hit the one with the flashing light. Then use the orbit to rotate and hit her again. You need to do this 3 times for 5 million. Tip: use the left orbit when rotating them to avoid draining the ball.

Starting Fights:
Notice the little lights on each of the fighters. These represent ramps and orbits that you have to hit in order to choose a particular fighter. Notice that the symbols are the same for all fighters, just in a different order. You have to hit a certain combination of 4 ramps and/or orbits to choose a fighter. Then you have to activate the fight by hitting one more particular ramp/target, specific to the fighter of course.
If you hit ANY ramp/orbit out of sequence for that fighter, you have to start over!
Pay attention to ALL the lights when you hit a ramp/orbit. Notice 3 fighters all have the same first symbol, and one has a different one. Start by choosing any ramp/orbit and watch the lights. If one stops blinking, it was a good ramp.
Tip: Remember what ramp/orbit you hit for that light to stop blinking, as it will always correspond to that symbol, even for the other fighters.
Now if the next symbol is different, try hitting some other ramp/orbit. If the light goes back to the 1st one, it was no good! Do this until you get all 4 lights correct, then hit the ramp/target that is indicated to start the fight.

Rewards:
Chun-Li: 5 Million
Guile: 10 Million
Ken: 15 Million
Ryu: 20 Million

Example: the symbols for a fighter are @%&*. This might correspond to: Left ramp(@), right ramp(%), right orbit(&), left orbit(*). Totally hypothetical of course.

Beat all the fighters then hit the correct ramp to fight Bison! The easiest way is to hold/cradle the ball with right flipper, and make a quick shot straight as his face. Avoid his hands. I think it's 15 shots to win.
Reward: 50 million, or 100 million if you get perfect.

Other areas:
Smash the car: hit each target on the car 2 times (don't forget the back, which is facing toward the ride side of the table). Then lock your balls in the Blanka Ramp which becomes the airplane once all car targets are hit. This unleashes multi-ball with 3 balls. Ball Saver stays lit for an unknown period of time. During multiball I was able to get Zangief dizzy indicated by a bird chirping sound and get an Extra Ball. I don't know exactly how this happened, but I am guessing the bumpers.

Extra Ball: See above in multiball for first method. Method 2: Hit the Barrel target to open the sink hole and then hit it in. Very difficult to do. You must do this 5 times in a row to get an Extra Ball. The best way I do this is when the ball comes down the inlane; make an immediate shot with right flipper. With proper timing you can hit the target, then the ball will slowly go around the rim of the sink hole and fall in, and eject back to the inlane, where you can repeat it 4 more times. Another way to make an aimed shot is to hit the car at the right angle so that the ball reflects off the car and into the hole. This is very difficult to repeat.

Quick Multiball: this is only 2 balls, and is activated by hitting the Blanka Ramp multiple times to spell C-H-A-R-G-E. This can time out so don't waste time!

Yacht: Best way to get this is by hitting the Blanka Ramp, then as the ball is returned in front of the upper right flipper, Smash it hard sending it left in front of the car (not hitting it) and behind the barrel target. This takes a hard clean shot. If you are successful, it says NICE JUMP and you hear the crowd cheering you. If you miss it says "YOU BECOME WET". You might not get many points here but you need to be able to this as part of another challenge.

Brick Stack: The blue bricks above right outlane. It tells you to hit them at the right time. I havne't noticed much happening with this target yet.

So fastest way I win at this table is choosing fighters and beating them as fast as possible. Multiball also racks up fast points so the choice is yours. Good luck and have fun.

~caper_26

caper_26

Back to top Go down

caper_26's tips for SF2 Empty sf 2

Post by davzcircus Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:51 pm

Thanks caper, for the great info, congrats on the score/speed records.
When i hit the blue brick wall it lights the out lane kickers, first hit lights right kicker and second lights the left, you must hit the center of the target indicated by a red arrow that will light momentarily acknowledging a direct hit, hope this helps, dave jocolor
davzcircus
davzcircus

Back to top Go down

caper_26's tips for SF2 Empty Re: caper_26's tips for SF2

Post by caper_26 Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:42 am

Davez, thanks for the tip, bra! Played last night and got Ball saver and then activated both kickers. I found a few times if you don't hit it flush, it bounces across the table and down the left outlane. Got 350 mill (ish) and had a really unlucky game fighting Bison. I think I only beat him once and didn't get perfect. I tilted the table 2nd time around as I wasn't paying attention to the LED screen. Man I was pissed! I use nudge a lot, to pass the ball flipper to flipper, and then the ball went up behind his fists (which usually ends up rolling off and down an outlane) so I tried to shake the ball off, but I was previously nudge-passing and the TILT was imminent! Cheers,
~caper_26

caper_26

Back to top Go down

caper_26's tips for SF2 Empty Re: caper_26's tips for SF2

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum