Zen Pinball Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

caper_26's tips for multiplayer races on Shaman

Go down

caper_26's tips for multiplayer races on Shaman Empty caper_26's tips for multiplayer races on Shaman

Post by caper_26 Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:02 am

This isn't a table I have played often so I don't know as much about it. Refer to skippycue's guide for more info. What I will tell you is how I am able to beat SONICBIGBALLS and CameronDK2 repeatedly (they are ranked higher because they play more often. Muliplayer ranking is not a true reflection of who is best, but who plays and has the most wins). They are the top ranked players on the Multiplayer Scoreboard. These tips are not for novice players.

Terms:

Left and Right Orbit: Self Explanatory. Located at left and right extremes of the table, near the Juggler sink holes.

Left Ramp: Just to the right of the left orbit. Returns the ball in left inlane.

Right Ramp: This has 2 options. A solid clean hit sends the ball into the Volcano. Otherwise is comes down right inlane.

There are 2 ways to win quickly at this table. Ramp Grinding and Juggler Winds

Ramp Grinding: This is the easiest and fastest if you know what to do. Use this technique if you are playing skilled players and the games are fast (under 2 minutes). Start by hitting a ramp/orbit of your choice. I like the Left ramp personally. After you hit one, notice the Blue lights in front of all the ramps/orbits. You have a very short time to hit another ramp/orbit before they extinguish. To ramp grind, you gotta hit 'em before they go out. When the ball is returned, try and hit another ramp/orbit without stopping the ball with your flipper. At this point, I want the ball on my right flipper. Use either Hold Pass or catch the ball with left flipper and Nudge Pass (see Advanced Pinball Skills thread). Quickly hit the Left Ramp. Nudge pass as the ball comes down inlane and onto the flipper, to get it on the right flipper again. Shoot left ramp again. Repeat.
NOTE: Pay attention to the "Danger" in your LED screen each time you nudge. When it is at the last warning it will be a big DANGER. Do NOT nudge any further. At this point, try and hit your last ramp or 2 from whichever flipper you can. Perform this properly and you will get a Super Combo, a grand total big enough to win a 5 million point race in under a minute. I will post the exact total when I add it up at a later time. Stay tuned for videos of this manouever in the near future!!! In summary, I try and hit a few ramps in a row without using nudge, then using it to complete the Super. Exclamation WATCH VIDEOExclamation

Juggler Winds: Hit the 3 drop targets in front of the Drummer Juggler. I use left flipper as the right usually sends it down left outlane after the hit. Use left flipper to hit the hidden sink hole in the Drummer. Do this from the hold and make a quick hard shot straight up. This gets the yellow spinner going. Next, the ball will come up the Red Juggler, down the left inlane. It will be going kinda fast to stop it, so I do a Hold Pass (Advanced Pinball Skills thread), ensuring I have right flipper up too. Let the ball roll almost off the right flipper and try and hit the Left /Red Juggler Hole. Next, get the Right/Blue Juggler from left flipper. You may need to Nudge pass the ball back from the right flipper if it ends up there. Once all 3 are spinning you have a few options. The Drummer Juggler Hole is now worth 2 million per shot, and the Blue/Right Juggler is worth 4 million. I have been able to hit the Blue one 2 times in a row for an instant 8 million points. The blue is more difficult than the yellow. Take note that if you miss while trying to get them spinning, it may time-out and you will either have to start over, or re-start the spinner that stopped. Watch ExclamationVIDEOExclamation
Good Luck,
~caper_26

caper_26

Back to top Go down