Zen Pinball Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bangback

3 posters

Go down

bangback Empty bangback

Post by faramir Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:10 pm

Hi,
I am having troubles to do bangbacks. I have been practicing on that v12 essentially as with a "missed" slingshot pass it is easy to put the ball in the outlanes. But then impossible for me to make it come back. I watched the video on shaman but I can't reproduce. Could you please advise how to do that? :-)
I was also wondering if combos in ramps were a good strategy to make high scores?

faramir

Back to top Go down

bangback Empty Re: bangback

Post by caper_26 Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:37 pm

It all comes down to timing. Some tables are easier than others. Instead of nudging straight "up", try nudging more at an angle perpendicular to the angle of the outlane. So if that ball were coming down the right outlane, you would want to nugde diagonally up and to the left (while holding the right flipper up of course). Combos are good on some tables (V12, Shaman) for high points. On other tables, combos do other things, like on SF II, certain combos start fights, and on Gaiden, 5 shot combo will start multiball, which you can build to get millions.

caper_26

Back to top Go down

Post by felipefrango Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:38 am

I've been playing mostly the SFII table since I got the game and while it's a matter of timing I also feel that the ball's speed also plays a huge role on wheter you'll succeed at it or not. I feel that it's easier to do when it's coming slowly, preferrably if it has been spinning fast to the point of stalling for a second before falling down the outlane. If it's shooting fast it harder to transfer the energy to the ball, it won't change direction as easily. I'd guess some balls pretty much just can't be saved.

felipefrango

Back to top Go down

Post by caper_26 Wed May 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Yeah thats right. Someone has suggested once that if it going too fast, hold up both flippers, then nugde the ball across the center drain, which will cause it to roll slightly up the opposite outlane, then back down at a more appropriate speed. I have yet to try and master this, as my initial reaction is always a death save immediately.

caper_26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum