Zen Pinball Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V12 Trophy Guide

Go down

V12 Trophy Guide Empty V12 Trophy Guide

Post by Admin Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:44 pm

skippycue wrote:Now that we have the basics out of the way, I’ll go through each trophy one table at a time and explain the techniques I used to get that trophy.

Kickbacks and Ball Save – The first thing you should do on this table is learn to enable the kickbacks and ball save consistently! There are 3 drop targets on the right and there is a light that rotates from one to another. I found that you can only hit the top and maybe middle target directly from the left flipper so I’d wait for the light to be in front of one of those. Once the light is in front of the target, let the ball roll to the end of the flipper and shoot it at the lit up drop target. If you do this successfully you will activate the right kickback. If you do it again you will activate the left kickback. If you do it a third time you will activate the ball save. The trick here is often when you hit those targets it will send the ball straight toward the left outlane. You need to be prepared to use the far left flipper to try to prevent it from draining. This is really just timing and after a while you will get the hang of it.

V12 Trophy Guide 3765 Nitro Booster (Bronze)
Lock one ball in the Nitro Tank!

The first thing you want to do here is get rid of the three targets in the center of the table because they are in your way. There are three further targets flashing behind those that spell out the chemical formula for Nitrous Oxide, N2O. You can easily see these if you hold down square to get an overhead view of the table. Hitting the ball up the center of the table several times should hit all of these targets easily enough after bouncing around. Each target changes from flashing to on when you hit it so you know you were successful. After you hit all three targets you will see an orange arrow light up at the top of the table between the targets you just hit. All you have to do is shoot a ball up there into the turn table where the arrow is to get into the nitro tank.

V12 Trophy Guide 3766 Turbo Charger (Bronze)
Start the Turbo speed mode!

Once again the first thing you want to do here is get rid of the three targets in the center of the table. After you’ve done this you have to perform a sequence of two shots. The first one is to hit the right ramp with the spinner as hard as you can. The spinner causes the turbo fan at the top right of the table to start spinning so the harder you hit it the longer it spins. While it is spinning the turbo arrow light will light up and you have to use the top flipper to hit the ball into the turbo charger. This isn’t as hard as it sounds, but may take you a few tries.

V12 Trophy Guide 3767 Manifold (Bronze)
Feed a ball in all of the cylinders for Manifold upgrade!

This is one of the tougher bronze trophies, but with practice it’s not as bad as it seems. The manifold is the mini playfield you can enter by shooting the cooling fan target (behind the left target out of the three in the middle of the table), and then shooting the ball into the engine hole. The engine hole is at the left side of the table and is enabled when you see the little license plate light with the word “ENG INE” on it lit up. This is where learning the table comes into play. First of all, hitting the cooling fan target can be problematic to say the least. There are two ways to hit this target; first you can hit the ball early on the left flipper. This will often drop the ball right back down onto the flipper for a nice catch, but many times it will drop the ball right down the center of the table in which case you’d better have great nudging skills or a ball save enabled! The other (preferred) way to hit this is using the right flipper. If you hit the ball when it’s between the middle and the end of the flipper (you’ll have to find the right spot), you will hit the target. Your goal is to hit the right side of the target so that the ball deflects up and to the right and is easily caught by one of the lower flippers after it bumps around a bit. Unfortunately it’s more common to hit the target head on which bounces the ball directly into the left outlane. The reason I prefer this is because kickbacks are easy to enable on this table and they don’t go away until they are used. This pretty much gives you an insurance policy to make this trophy doable. If you end up using the kickback, just re-enable it before you do anything else.

Once you are in the mini-playfield area, just tilt it using the flipper buttons to get the ball to go into all 12 holes. You’ll get used to this after a while and it won’t be so bad. Don’t worry if you get it into the same hole multiple times. I got pretty used to tilting one way a lot and quickly tilting back to get into various holes and I could pretty much get into the hole I wanted every time. Don’t tilt the field until you are near the hole right before the hole you want to get into or you’ll end up in the wrong one.

V12 Trophy Guide 3764 Monkey-wrench (Silver)
Make one of the parts fully upgraded!

There are 5 different car parts that can be upgraded and I will explain them all here as well as which ones are the easiest. Each part is listed in the center of the table or along the two bumpers with status lights representing the number of times the part has been upgraded. Every time a part is upgraded, an additional light will come on for that part until all 5 lights are on and you have fully upgraded the part (of course that’s the goal here for the trophy). Once you have enabled an upgrade for one or more of the parts you will need to shoot the ball into the upgrade hole on the right to perform the upgrade and start multiball. This hole is identified by a license plate with the word “UPG RDE” on it and will be lit when enabled.

Manifold
The manifold upgrade is acquired by getting a ball in all 12 cylinders (holes) of the manifold. Essentially you have to get the “Mainfold” trophy 5 times in one game. I wouldn’t recommend this method for getting this trophy since there are easier parts to upgrade.

Crankshaft
This is actually how I got the trophy and is one of the easier methods. You’ll notice that after you get the ball into one of the manifold holes you drop into another mini playfield with two flippers pretty far apart. The goal in here is to hit the targets in the corners when they are lit. The targets always alternate form one side to the other after you hit them. There are a few tunnels in here that move the ball around, but I’d recommend avoiding them since they don’t help and can be problematic. When the ball first drops into the playfield, hold both flippers up and the ball will come to rest on one of them. Now you just have to go back and forth from one flipper to the other hitting the targets that are lit up. If you miss a target don’t worry about it, just keep repeating as if you didn’t miss to get the ball back to the other flipper. You’re going to have to get a feel for how it works, but the best method is to wait until the ball is nearly falling off the flipper and then hit it. You’ll almost always be able to catch it on the other flipper, but be ready to hit it again if you think it’s going to fall off the edge and try to regain a caught position. Worst case scenario you have to get back into the manifold and back to the crankshaft. The hits are cumulative so you don’t have to get them all in one visit to the crankshaft for each upgrade. The engine starts at 5k RPMs and each target adds 10 RPMs to the total. The final upgrade is at 7k RPMs. The breakdown for each upgrade is

o 10 hits – First upgrade
o 10 hits – Second upgrade
o 30 hits – Third upgrade
o 50 hits – Fourth upgrade
o 100 hits – Fifth and final upgrade

That’s a total of 200 hits to fully upgrade the crankshaft, but it’s one of the easier methods.

Tires
This is perhaps the easiest way to fully upgrade a part. The goal here is to hit the exhaust orbit or left ramp repeatedly. The trick here is you can’t hit these ramps as part of a combo so after you hit the ramp you need to wait for all the lights in front of the ramps to go out before hitting it again. The exhaust orbit is that top center ramp that is right between the two orange arrows above the “O” and “2” targets. It’s right above the orange turbo arrow and there is a little gauge light in front of it. You can tell how many times you’ve hit one of these by looking at the drift score; it will be 1k times the number of successful drifts. Similar to the crankshaft, the first upgrade is after 10 ramps and then it requires 10 more for each subsequent upgrade. The breakdown for each upgrade is

o 10 hits – First upgrade
o 20 hits – Second upgrade
o 30 hits – Third upgrade
o 40 hits – Fourth upgrade
o 50 hits – Fifth and final upgrade

That’s a total of 150 drifts to fully upgrade the tires, but it’s also one of the easier methods.

Turbo
I have not upgraded the turbo at all myself, but what you need to do is start turbo speed mode by entering the turbo charger as described above for the “Turbo Charger” trophy. After you do this there will be moving lights or drop targets you need to hit to perform an upgrade. I assume each upgrade will require you to hit more targets, but I have not verified this.

Suspension
Although this is an easy part to upgrade once you get into the suspension, it’s tough to hit the drop targets that allow you inside. There are 3 drop targets just above the far left flipper. Once you hit all 3 of these, the left outlane will be diverted to the suspension. At this point you actually want to drain the ball into the left outlane and it will go into the suspension. It’s actually quite easy to complete the upgrade once you make it into the suspension. There are 3 drop targets that pop up individually in random patterns. The suspension itself will be moving up and down. The end of the suspension has an angle which will deflect the ball to the right. You’re goal is to launch the ball using the X button at precisely the right time to hit the drop target that is up. You can’t wait too long because you only have a short amount of time before the upgrade fails and it just pops the ball out. If you don’t time your shot right then you will shoot out of the suspension and you’ll have to hit the 3 drop targets again to get back in. Once again I assume each subsequent upgrade will require hitting more drop targets, but I have not verified this.

Admin
Admin

https://zenpinball.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down